In summer we completely rely upon Air Conditioners as it’s a sole solution to the unbearable heat. As none of the fans or coolers works on the high humidity of summer that will be extremely uncomfortable after the fully exhausted works all day long. AC is not only the best solution but also the only solution to escape from the unbearable heat and excess humidity. For long lasting running of our unit we should be aware of AC maintenance.
TYPES OF AC AND PURPOSES: –
If you are about to buy an AC for your home or office then you must choose the AC that follows the HVAC technology in most effective and reliable way, however irrespective of the popularity of the AC company and its maintenance cost they are classified into different types.
- Window AC: – It can be used for a Single room. This is to be installed at the window of the room. But this is not efficient for larger rooms as the capacity of the A.C is not that great.
- Ductless Split AC: – The ductless split system is very common worldwide. It doesn’t require windows. AC maintenance of this is quite complex then Window one but its and efficiency is better than Window AC.
- Central AC: – It has one Outdoor unit and multiple indoor units. This is preferred for larger space like malls. But installing a central AC requires a lot of planning from the professionalized experts and regular maintenance is highly recommended.
- Portable AC: –These AC have easy mobilization feature and it requires exhaust hose which is vented through the window. Due to its portability feature, this can be placed anywhere.
- Hybrid AC:- In this system heat pump plays a major role. In summers it absorbs hot air from your cabin and releases outside. It works quite contrasting in winters it sucks outdoor hot air and releases into the room. It is mostly used in foreign countries and less in countries like India.
Apart from all these kinds, Geothermal ACs is sustainable and has a very long life. Geothermal coils are installed inside the ground. It extracts heat from the ground in winter whereas extracts heat from room and pushback to ground in summer. The initial investment for this system is very high.
AC maintenance (Dos and DON’T’s)
The AC that gives us extreme comfort in higher humid temperature needs to be taken care off too, and when it comes time to pay for AC maintenance, homeowners are often confused and overwhelmed due to its inevitable maintenance cost. Air conditioner’s compressor, fans, filters, coils, and fins require regular maintenance for efficient function throughout the year.
Based on HVAC technology, there are simple steps for Ac maintenance in an efficient and reliable way throughout the years.
- Use stabilizers even if the company assures that no stabilizers are needed and it can work in adverse conditions. Stabilizers are must for any AC.
- Shut off the power completely to the AC unit when not in use. On the exterior condenser, turn the power off at the breaker box.
- Remove the fan cage while cleaning the AC interiors. AC maintenance always needs a handy screwdriver or wrench.
- Remove the fasteners and lift the cage away from the top unit.
- Use a Dry vacuum to clean leaves and other debris from the interiors.
- Use brush attachment powerful shop Vacuum cleaners for the cleaning of fins.
- Use a gentle stream from a garden hose and spray through the fins. from inside out to remove the struck dirt or debris.
- Use commercially available fin cleaning spray as any kind of dirt or soil, can settle beneath the condenser base clean it by using thin rot resistant shims to level the base.
- If you have a heat pump system then it’s ok for the pad of the condenser to be slightly sloped but shims are used in either case.
- Don’t regulate the power all of a sudden to the highest speed that leads to the failure of motor windings.
- Don’t use a long-extended power cord. Longer the cord lowers the voltage will be hence system efficiency will reduce.
- Don’t keep plants, books and gadgets near to A.C vents Placing near to A.C vents lead to disruption of airflow.
- Don’t mount window A.C with wood or brick, as the condenser bed may collapse due to the continue oscillations of fans.
- Never use pressure washer while cleaning as they can damage the fins.
If you run into any A.C Maintenance problems which you can’t trace by your own, download the SHANK app or Contact us and everything will be at your fingertips.